MBA profile evalaution for 2024 intake
Profile Evaluation

GMAT: Haven't yet given

Demographics: Female || 25 || Indian

Work Experience: 24 months (1 year Big 4 management consulting, 1 year at a US based e-commerce start-up, interned at a private-equity firm as a management intern at one of their investee firms as a part of MBA internship, interned at Citi during undergrad)

Management consulting - Worked on cost reduction projects (infrastructure and healthcare industry) with savings to the tune of 3.5 Cr. to 35 Cr.

E-Commerce start-up - Worked under the CEO and CTO on process improvement initiatives

MBA Internship at a Private Equity firm (deployed at one of their portfolio companies)

Professional Achievements:

NTSE, MTSE, KVPY, INSPIRE Scholarships
Secured an Award during the consulting stint at the Big4 firm
Secured a PPO from the MBA internship firm

Education:

10th - 94.4%
12th - 93.85% (top 1% in State)
IIT (top 5 IITs) - 7/10
IIM (top 3 IIMs) - 3.2/4

Leadership Experience:

Department Head, NSS (IIT)
Department Head of a vertical in the business club (IIM)
Appointed to mentor and train incoming employees at the US-start-up I worked for
Mentor, Women in Consulting community

Extra-curricular Activities:

Music - completed level 4 with distinction (this was during school)

Karate - secured Gold/Silver/Bronze medals (this was when I was very young, I am not sure if this counts)

Questions -

• What schools can I get if I could get a GMAT score of 720?
  • What GMAT score should I ideally target?
  • If I plan to target a second MBA 2-3 years down the line, what kind of work experience should I plan to get in the next 2-3 years?
  • What are my profile gaps?
**GMAT:** Haven't yet given **Demographics:** Female || 25 || Indian **Work Experience:** 24 months (1 year Big 4 management consulting, 1 year at a US based e-commerce start-up, interned at a private-equity firm as a management intern at one of their investee firms as a part of MBA internship, interned at Citi during undergrad) Management consulting - Worked on cost reduction projects (infrastructure and healthcare industry) with savings to the tune of 3.5 Cr. to 35 Cr. E-Commerce start-up - Worked under the CEO and CTO on process improvement initiatives MBA Internship at a Private Equity firm (deployed at one of their portfolio companies) **Professional Achievements:** NTSE, MTSE, KVPY, INSPIRE Scholarships Secured an Award during the consulting stint at the Big4 firm Secured a PPO from the MBA internship firm **Education:** 10th - 94.4% 12th - 93.85% (top 1% in State) IIT (top 5 IITs) - 7/10 IIM (top 3 IIMs) - 3.2/4 **Leadership Experience:** Department Head, NSS (IIT) Department Head of a vertical in the business club (IIM) Appointed to mentor and train incoming employees at the US-start-up I worked for Mentor, Women in Consulting community **Extra-curricular Activities:** Music - completed level 4 with distinction (this was during school) Karate - secured Gold/Silver/Bronze medals (this was when I was very young, I am not sure if this counts) **Questions - ** - What schools can I get if I could get a GMAT score of 720? - What GMAT score should I ideally target? - If I plan to target a second MBA 2-3 years down the line, what kind of work experience should I plan to get in the next 2-3 years? - What are my profile gaps?
edited Jan 16 '23 at 3:50 pm

Thanks for reaching out @vvm1997

Work Experience: 24 months (1 year Big 4 management consulting, 1 year at a US based e-commerce start-up, interned at a private-equity firm as a management intern at one of their investee firms as a part of MBA internship, interned at Citi during undergrad)

Management consulting - Worked on cost reduction projects (infrastructure and healthcare industry) with savings to the tune of 3.5 Cr. to 35 Cr.

E-Commerce start-up - Worked under the CEO and CTO on process improvement initiatives

MBA Internship at a Private Equity firm (deployed at one of their portfolio companies)

Good combination of Consulting + Startup experience. Your competition here will be from MBB. Solid exposure working directly with the CEO & CTO and the PE portfolio internship. I'd encourage having a longer stint with the startup so you don't give the impression of too frequent job changes.

Professional Achievements:

NTSE, MTSE, KVPY, INSPIRE Scholarships
Secured an Award during the consulting stint at the Big4 firm
Secured a PPO from the MBA internship firm

These are nice and will help us stand-out

Education:

10th - 94.4%
12th - 93.85% (top 1% in State)
IIT (top 5 IITs) - 7/10
IIM (top 3 IIMs) - 3.2/4

10th and 12th won't be as relevant now for the second MBA. The IIT GPA is on the edge, but we should be able to pull-off

Leadership Experience:

Department Head, NSS (IIT)
Department Head of a vertical in the business club (IIM)
Appointed to mentor and train incoming employees at the US-start-up I worked for
Mentor, Women in Consulting community

Good Leadership experiences that'll give us some solid fodder for the essays smile

Extra-curricular Activities:

Music - completed level 4 with distinction (this was during school)
Karate - secured Gold/Silver/Bronze medals (this was when I was very young, I am not sure if this counts)

We can build some solid Leadership and teamwork stories revolving around Music. We can use Karate depending how long you continued it

Questions -

• What schools can I get if I could get a GMAT score of 720?

M7 will be slightly tough with a 720. Can target T15.

• What GMAT score should I ideally target?

You should target a higher GMAT score, ideally 750+. Please schedule time with me for GMAT Prep also

• If I plan to target a second MBA 2-3 years down the line, what kind of work experience should I plan to get in the next 2-3 years?

I'd encourage not having too many short stints as it becomes difficult to justify and could be perceived as you're not clear about what you want to do. Continue with startup unless you're not learning anything new

• What are my profile gaps?

Highlighted above. Hope this helps smile

Thanks for reaching out @vvm1997 > Work Experience: 24 months (1 year Big 4 management consulting, 1 year at a US based e-commerce start-up, interned at a private-equity firm as a management intern at one of their investee firms as a part of MBA internship, interned at Citi during undergrad) >Management consulting - Worked on cost reduction projects (infrastructure and healthcare industry) with savings to the tune of 3.5 Cr. to 35 Cr. >E-Commerce start-up - Worked under the CEO and CTO on process improvement initiatives >MBA Internship at a Private Equity firm (deployed at one of their portfolio companies) Good combination of Consulting + Startup experience. Your competition here will be from MBB. Solid exposure working directly with the CEO & CTO and the PE portfolio internship. I'd encourage having a longer stint with the startup so you don't give the impression of too frequent job changes. >Professional Achievements: >NTSE, MTSE, KVPY, INSPIRE Scholarships Secured an Award during the consulting stint at the Big4 firm Secured a PPO from the MBA internship firm These are nice and will help us stand-out >Education: >10th - 94.4% 12th - 93.85% (top 1% in State) IIT (top 5 IITs) - 7/10 IIM (top 3 IIMs) - 3.2/4 10th and 12th won't be as relevant now for the second MBA. The IIT GPA is on the edge, but we should be able to pull-off >Leadership Experience: >Department Head, NSS (IIT) Department Head of a vertical in the business club (IIM) Appointed to mentor and train incoming employees at the US-start-up I worked for Mentor, Women in Consulting community Good Leadership experiences that'll give us some solid fodder for the essays (blush) >Extra-curricular Activities: >Music - completed level 4 with distinction (this was during school) Karate - secured Gold/Silver/Bronze medals (this was when I was very young, I am not sure if this counts) We can build some solid Leadership and teamwork stories revolving around Music. We can use Karate depending how long you continued it >Questions - >- What schools can I get if I could get a GMAT score of 720? M7 will be slightly tough with a 720. Can target T15. > - What GMAT score should I ideally target? You should target a higher GMAT score, ideally 750+. Please schedule time with me for GMAT Prep also >- If I plan to target a second MBA 2-3 years down the line, what kind of work experience should I plan to get in the next 2-3 years? I'd encourage not having too many short stints as it becomes difficult to justify and could be perceived as you're not clear about what you want to do. Continue with startup unless you're not learning anything new >- What are my profile gaps? Highlighted above. Hope this helps :)
edited Jan 16 '23 at 3:46 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft