MBA Profile Evaluation for 2022 Intake
Profile Evaluation

Hope you are doing well!
I would request you to please evaluate my profile based on the details below. Please let me know in case I have missed some basic details.

28 years old | Male | Indian

Target Schools
FT Top 10 (Need advice on the schools I can target)

Academics
Bachelors (B.Tech – Civil Engineering) | 7.72/10 CGPA | Jadavpur University
Masters (MS in Economics) | 76% | Indian Statistical Institute

Professional Experience (Full Time)
Deloitte (Risk Consultant 1.5 years)
UBS (Quant Risk 2.5 years)
Goldman Sachs (Risk Strats 2 months (present job))

Stint with Entrepreneurship
Failed ed-tech startup with user base of 30k+ at its peak.

Social Experience
Greenpeace ( 1 year )
Mentors without Borders ( 1.5 years, ongoing )

Certifications
FRM, Global Association of Risk Professional, USA

Test Scores
GMAT - Not Given
GRE - 325 ( 170 Quant )
TOEFL - 111

Extra Curriculars
Violin (Indian Classical), Martial Arts

Long Term Goals
Work in Hedge Funds

Hope you are doing well! I would request you to please evaluate my profile based on the details below. Please let me know in case I have missed some basic details. 28 years old | Male | Indian **Target Schools** FT Top 10 (Need advice on the schools I can target) **Academics** Bachelors (B.Tech – Civil Engineering) | 7.72/10 CGPA | Jadavpur University Masters (MS in Economics) | 76% | Indian Statistical Institute **Professional Experience (Full Time)** Deloitte (Risk Consultant 1.5 years) UBS (Quant Risk 2.5 years) Goldman Sachs (Risk Strats 2 months (present job)) **Stint with Entrepreneurship** Failed ed-tech startup with user base of 30k+ at its peak. **Social Experience** Greenpeace ( 1 year ) Mentors without Borders ( 1.5 years, ongoing ) **Certifications** FRM, Global Association of Risk Professional, USA **Test Scores** GMAT - Not Given GRE - 325 ( 170 Quant ) TOEFL - 111 **Extra Curriculars** Violin (Indian Classical), Martial Arts ** Long Term Goals ** Work in Hedge Funds
edited May 12 '21 at 12:45 pm

Thanks @Hitman_007 for sharing your background. Here is my evaluation of your profile:

Academics
Bachelors (B.Tech – Civil Engineering) | 7.72/10 CGPA | Jadavpur University
Masters (MS in Economics) | 76% | Indian Statistical Institute

GPA is fine, but you do have strong competiton from other strudents applying from stronger pedigree colleges i.e. IITs/NITs/BITs etc.

Professional Experience (Full Time)
Deloitte (Risk Consultant 1.5 years)
UBS (Quant Risk 2.5 years)
Goldman Sachs (Risk Strats 2 months (present job))

Deloitte, UBS, Goldman --> all thre are very strong brand names which are normally feeder schools into the FT Top 10. Risk as a function would fall in the middle office, so you do have competition here from people applying from more front office transactional based experience

Stint with Entrepreneurship
Failed ed-tech startup with user base of 30k+ at its peak.

This is unique and should give a lot of interesting stories for the applications

Social Experience
Greenpeace ( 1 year )
Mentors without Borders ( 1.5 years, ongoing )

Good, shows you have a well-rounded profile. Continue this atleast a couple of hours per week

Certifications
FRM, Global Association of Risk Professional, USA

CFA / FRM certifications are fine but not diectly relevant for MBA Admisssion decision. They might help you in your current or post-MBA job though. Since you're in Risk, I think FRM makes a lot of sense

Test Scores
GMAT - Not Given
GRE - 325 ( 170 Quant )
TOEFL - 111

This corresponds to an overall 710 in GMAT: https://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/admissions/interpretation_resources/mba_comparison_tool?WT.ac=40361_owt06_180820

609ca7d92bf14

Quant score is awesome. Verbal is definately your weakness. If you can push up your verbal score to 165, you're looking at a 780+ GMAT. You should definately connect and explore our Verbal prep which is designed exactly for students in your situation

Extra Curriculars
Violin (Indian Classical), Martial Arts

Good, but don't dilute by having too many extra curriculars. Focus on the ones with sustained involvement over a period of time

Long Term Goals
Work in Hedge Funds

Your Carrer Narrative definately needs to be more flushed out both in terms of short and long term goals

Target Schools
FT Top 10 (Need advice on the schools I can target)

Overall I think you definately have a solid shot at the M7 as along as you're able to pull together a coherent story. There is a lot of scope to increase your GRE / GMAT Verbal score also. Wish you the best with Applications smile

Thanks @Hitman_007 for sharing your background. Here is my evaluation of your profile: > Academics Bachelors (B.Tech – Civil Engineering) | 7.72/10 CGPA | Jadavpur University Masters (MS in Economics) | 76% | Indian Statistical Institute GPA is fine, but you do have strong competiton from other strudents applying from stronger pedigree colleges i.e. IITs/NITs/BITs etc. > Professional Experience (Full Time) Deloitte (Risk Consultant 1.5 years) UBS (Quant Risk 2.5 years) Goldman Sachs (Risk Strats 2 months (present job)) Deloitte, UBS, Goldman --> all thre are very strong brand names which are normally feeder schools into the FT Top 10. Risk as a function would fall in the middle office, so you do have competition here from people applying from more front office transactional based experience > Stint with Entrepreneurship Failed ed-tech startup with user base of 30k+ at its peak. This is unique and should give a lot of interesting stories for the applications > Social Experience Greenpeace ( 1 year ) Mentors without Borders ( 1.5 years, ongoing ) Good, shows you have a well-rounded profile. Continue this atleast a couple of hours per week > Certifications FRM, Global Association of Risk Professional, USA CFA / FRM certifications are fine but not diectly relevant for MBA Admisssion decision. They might help you in your current or post-MBA job though. Since you're in Risk, I think FRM makes a lot of sense > Test Scores GMAT - Not Given GRE - 325 ( 170 Quant ) TOEFL - 111 This corresponds to an overall 710 in GMAT: https://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/admissions/interpretation_resources/mba_comparison_tool?WT.ac=40361_owt06_180820 ![609ca7d92bf14](serve/attachment&path=609ca7d92bf14) Quant score is awesome. Verbal is definately your weakness. If you can push up your verbal score to 165, you're looking at a 780+ GMAT. You should definately connect and explore our Verbal prep which is designed exactly for students in your situation > Extra Curriculars Violin (Indian Classical), Martial Arts Good, but don't dilute by having too many extra curriculars. Focus on the ones with sustained involvement over a period of time > Long Term Goals Work in Hedge Funds Your Carrer Narrative definately needs to be more flushed out both in terms of short and long term goals > Target Schools FT Top 10 (Need advice on the schools I can target) Overall I think you definately have a solid shot at the M7 as along as you're able to pull together a coherent story. There is a lot of scope to increase your GRE / GMAT Verbal score also. Wish you the best with Applications :)
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft