MBA profile evalaution for 2021 intake
Profile Eval Indian founder

Hope you are doing well and staying safe!

I would request you to please evaluate my profile based on details below. Please let me know in case I have missed some basic details.

31 years old | Male | Indian
Target Schools: M7 (dream school - Stanford GSB) school + Yale & Berkeley-Haas

ACADEMICS:
10th - 85%
12th - 81.4%
Graduation (BE - Mechanical Engineering) | 7.2/10 CGPA | Top 10 private institutions in India | I won 6 b-plan competitions across India in college, was a Club President
GMAT - 740/800 (V-38, Q-51, AWA-5)

WORK EXPERIENCE
3.5 years (as of June-end 2020)

Failed Education Entrepreneur (2+ years )
I became an education entrepreneur in 2017. During this time, we had highly recognised programs with over 140k paying customers, 40k+ in the final year. We raised USD 275k+ from Indian & US VCs/angels. Won multiple accolades in India, USA. Speaker at TEDx and global platforms. Enterprise failed due to financial and profitability struggles.

Senior & Early Team Member @ Entrepreneurship Non-profit (1+ years)
Post shutting my startup in 2019, I joined a non-profit focused on enabling entrepreneurship in Senior Mgmt & one of the early employees (founders are known, respected globally). I lead org's efforts in seeding entrepreneurial ecosystems across two states in close partnership with Govts and others, and co-authored entrepreneurship strategy for one state. I also lead smaller projects around mentorship, etc. I also led a multi-million dollar fundraise from an international philanthropy org.

Other pro bono work:
I mentor/advise startup entrepreneurs during weekends, many programs by Indian & multilateral orgs for youth, micro-entrepreneurs.

POST MBA GOALS:
My long term goal is to go be an entrepreneur again but in the short run I believe roles in and around startups (leadership roles in mature startups, impact/early stage VC, etc.) would be most ideal.

Hope you are doing well and staying safe! I would request you to please evaluate my profile based on details below. Please let me know in case I have missed some basic details. **31 years old | Male | Indian** **Target Schools:** M7 (dream school - Stanford GSB) school + Yale & Berkeley-Haas **ACADEMICS:** 10th - 85% 12th - 81.4% Graduation (BE - Mechanical Engineering) | 7.2/10 CGPA | Top 10 private institutions in India | I won 6 b-plan competitions across India in college, was a Club President GMAT - 740/800 (V-38, Q-51, AWA-5) **WORK EXPERIENCE** 3.5 years (as of June-end 2020) Failed Education Entrepreneur (2+ years ) I became an education entrepreneur in 2017. During this time, we had highly recognised programs with over 140k paying customers, 40k+ in the final year. We raised USD 275k+ from Indian & US VCs/angels. Won multiple accolades in India, USA. Speaker at TEDx and global platforms. Enterprise failed due to financial and profitability struggles. Senior & Early Team Member @ Entrepreneurship Non-profit (1+ years) Post shutting my startup in 2019, I joined a non-profit focused on enabling entrepreneurship in Senior Mgmt & one of the early employees (founders are known, respected globally). I lead org's efforts in seeding entrepreneurial ecosystems across two states in close partnership with Govts and others, and co-authored entrepreneurship strategy for one state. I also lead smaller projects around mentorship, etc. I also led a multi-million dollar fundraise from an international philanthropy org. Other pro bono work: I mentor/advise startup entrepreneurs during weekends, many programs by Indian & multilateral orgs for youth, micro-entrepreneurs. **POST MBA GOALS:** My long term goal is to go be an entrepreneur again but in the short run I believe roles in and around startups (leadership roles in mature startups, impact/early stage VC, etc.) would be most ideal.
edited Dec 17 '20 at 1:58 pm

@Indian_founder overall you have a strong profile. Let's dissect the different pieces of your background one-by-one

ACADEMICS:
10th - 85%
12th - 81.4%
Graduation (BE - Mechanical Engineering) | 7.2/10 CGPA | Top 10 private institutions in India | I won 6 b-plan competitions across India in college, was a Club President
GMAT - 740/800 (V-38, Q-51, AWA-5)

Solid GMAT. It's just on the edge of what is needed for HSW, but should work smile Strong undergrad pedigree and leadership experience as Club President. GPA is moderate but the high GMAT should be sufficient to allay any concern AdCom might have on your ability to withstand analytical rigor of the program. Won 6 B-Plans sounds fantistic smile We definately need to bring this out in your apps

WORK EXPERIENCE
4.5 years (as of June-end 2020)

Workex fits the 3-6yrs workex range most top B-Schools require (from time you graduate until your start your MBA)

Failed Education Entrepreneur (2+ years )
I became an education entrepreneur in 2017. During this time, we had highly recognised programs with over 140k paying customers, 40k+ in the final year. We raised USD 275k+ from Indian & US VCs/angels. Won multiple accolades in India, USA. Speaker at TEDx and global platforms. Enterprise failed due to financial and profitability struggles.

This is one of the strongest pieces in your background and should give us some very strong stories to build in the essays. Its not the success of failure, but the depth of your startup experience that will matter in apps

Senior & Early Team Member @ Entrepreneurship Non-profit (1+ years)
Post shutting my startup in 2019, I joined a non-profit focused on enabling entrepreneurship in Senior Mgmt & one of the early employees (founders are known, respected globally). I lead org's efforts in seeding entrepreneurial ecosystems across two states in close partnership with Govts and others, and co-authored entrepreneurship strategy for one state. I also lead smaller projects around mentorship, etc. I also led a multi-million dollar fundraise from an international philanthropy org.

This is very interesting and should put you in a small competitive pool of ex-entrepreneurs who are now mentoring other founders. We need to bring out how you picked yourself up from failure to help others who are going through same situation. Bring out leadership, giving back etc.

Other pro bono work:
I mentor/advise startup entrepreneurs during weekends, many programs by Indian & multilateral orgs for youth, micro-entrepreneurs.

This nicely compliments your over profile and attitude of giving back and leadership. We need to cull out and develop specific stories from your background.

Target Schools: M7 (dream school - Stanford GSB) school + Yale & Berkeley-Haas

Overall you have a strong profile with entrepreneurship and giving back as a central theme. The M7 are definately game with your profile. In addition to GSB (Dream), Haas (Target) and Yale (safety), you should look at MIT SLoan (Target), Wharton (Target) and LBS (Target). Wish you the best! smile

@Indian_founder overall you have a strong profile. Let's dissect the different pieces of your background one-by-one > ACADEMICS: 10th - 85% 12th - 81.4% Graduation (BE - Mechanical Engineering) | 7.2/10 CGPA | Top 10 private institutions in India | I won 6 b-plan competitions across India in college, was a Club President GMAT - 740/800 (V-38, Q-51, AWA-5) Solid GMAT. It's just on the edge of what is needed for HSW, but should work :) Strong undergrad pedigree and leadership experience as Club President. GPA is moderate but the high GMAT should be sufficient to allay any concern AdCom might have on your ability to withstand analytical rigor of the program. Won 6 B-Plans sounds fantistic :) We definately need to bring this out in your apps > WORK EXPERIENCE 4.5 years (as of June-end 2020) Workex fits the 3-6yrs workex range most top B-Schools require (from time you graduate until your start your MBA) > Failed Education Entrepreneur (2+ years ) I became an education entrepreneur in 2017. During this time, we had highly recognised programs with over 140k paying customers, 40k+ in the final year. We raised USD 275k+ from Indian & US VCs/angels. Won multiple accolades in India, USA. Speaker at TEDx and global platforms. Enterprise failed due to financial and profitability struggles. This is one of the strongest pieces in your background and should give us some very strong stories to build in the essays. Its not the success of failure, but the depth of your startup experience that will matter in apps > Senior & Early Team Member @ Entrepreneurship Non-profit (1+ years) Post shutting my startup in 2019, I joined a non-profit focused on enabling entrepreneurship in Senior Mgmt & one of the early employees (founders are known, respected globally). I lead org's efforts in seeding entrepreneurial ecosystems across two states in close partnership with Govts and others, and co-authored entrepreneurship strategy for one state. I also lead smaller projects around mentorship, etc. I also led a multi-million dollar fundraise from an international philanthropy org. This is very interesting and should put you in a small competitive pool of ex-entrepreneurs who are now mentoring other founders. We need to bring out how you picked yourself up from failure to help others who are going through same situation. Bring out leadership, giving back etc. > Other pro bono work: I mentor/advise startup entrepreneurs during weekends, many programs by Indian & multilateral orgs for youth, micro-entrepreneurs. This nicely compliments your over profile and attitude of giving back and leadership. We need to cull out and develop specific stories from your background. > Target Schools: M7 (dream school - Stanford GSB) school + Yale & Berkeley-Haas Overall you have a strong profile with entrepreneurship and giving back as a central theme. The M7 are definately game with your profile. In addition to GSB (Dream), Haas (Target) and Yale (safety), you should look at MIT SLoan (Target), Wharton (Target) and LBS (Target). Wish you the best! (blush)
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft