MBA Profile Evaluation for 2023 Intake
MBA Profile Eval

Hi,

It'd be super helpful if you could help me analyse my prospects for an MBA app in the 2023/24 intake (leaning towards 2024).

GMAT: haven't given yet, but reasonably expecting 720+

Deomgraphics: Male | 23 | Indian

Work Experience: 35 months in total

20 months in the strategy team at Scaler, a fast-growing ed-tech startup ($710mn) as a Senior Associate

• First generalist hire in a team comprising only ex-MBB consultants
  • First hire to be promoted within the team, now leading a team of 3 anaysts
  • Improved overall sales by 40% through capacity-building and process-restructuring for 80+ B2C salespeople
  • Reduced target defaults by 35% through robust feedback loops, targeted training, and incentive modification
  • Built an internal product that enables our sales team to engage with leads over WhatsApp, leading to 3x the average conversion

15 months in the Singapore office of Zilingo, a fashion-tech startup ($970mn). Worked in their regional strategy office as a Business Associate.

• Managed projects across functions and markets as part of the regional team for the software as a service unit
  • Generated 40% CMGR in clients served; 50% increase in markets served; grew team size from 3 to 100+ in 8 months
  • Part of the 8-person core team that executed Zilingo’s first acquisition, completed in December ’19 at $15.5m
  • Forecasted balance sheet impact; consolidated competitor analyses; assessed alternatives for the acquisition

Alongside Scaler and Zilingo, built a side project named koi that had an ARR of $25k. Exited to a multi-million dollar valued meal-kit startup in a cash + equity deal in early 2022.

Education

B.A, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai (3.65/4)
12th- 82.4%
10th- 94.6%

Scholastic Achievements

• Freddie Mehta Scholarship (~80% of annual tuition) for the highest score in Economics (Rank 1/180)
  • Cleared 3 papers (CT1, CT5 and CT7) of actuarial science from the IFoA (London)
  • Discussed art as a gentrifying force and rent’s link to cultural capital at the Sociology Seminar (awarded ‘A’ Grade)
  • Analysed the evolution of Competition Law and its quantification, published in the Arthnithi (ISSN: 2277 1344)
  • Modelled auction formats and their application to the public sector, presented at the Annual Economics Seminar

Extra-curriculars

• Vice-chairperson, Econundrum: Led a workforce of 200 students across 12 departments, for the annual festival of the Economics Department
  • Sub-head, Malhar: Led speaker curation and management; hosted esteemed personalities such as Piyush Goyal and Shabana Azmi
  • Organized 100+ midnight cycling rides in Mumbai, hosting 4000+ customers over a 4-year period
  • Managed headlining artists such as Diplo (of Major Lazer) and Marshmello on their India tour of 2018

It would be fantastic if you could share list of schools that I should be considering as dream / target. Since there aren't too many pure startup folks I know who have applied in the past, I'm not sure what my frame of reference is.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Hi, It'd be super helpful if you could help me analyse my prospects for an MBA app in the 2023/24 intake (leaning towards 2024). **_GMAT:_** haven't given yet, but reasonably expecting 720+ **_Deomgraphics:_** Male | 23 | Indian **_Work Experience: 35 months in total_** 20 months in the strategy team at **Scaler**, a fast-growing ed-tech startup ($710mn) as a Senior Associate - First generalist hire in a team comprising only ex-MBB consultants - First hire to be promoted within the team, now leading a team of 3 anaysts - Improved overall sales by 40% through capacity-building and process-restructuring for 80+ B2C salespeople - Reduced target defaults by 35% through robust feedback loops, targeted training, and incentive modification - Built an internal product that enables our sales team to engage with leads over WhatsApp, leading to 3x the average conversion 15 months in the Singapore office of **Zilingo**, a fashion-tech startup ($970mn). Worked in their regional strategy office as a Business Associate. - Managed projects across functions and markets as part of the regional team for the software as a service unit - Generated 40% CMGR in clients served; 50% increase in markets served; grew team size from 3 to 100+ in 8 months - Part of the 8-person core team that executed Zilingo’s first acquisition, completed in December ’19 at $15.5m - Forecasted balance sheet impact; consolidated competitor analyses; assessed alternatives for the acquisition Alongside Scaler and Zilingo, built a side project named **koi** that had an ARR of **$25k**. Exited to a multi-million dollar valued meal-kit startup in a cash + equity deal in **early 2022**. _**Education**_ B.A, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai (3.65/4) 12th- 82.4% 10th- 94.6% **_Scholastic Achievements_** - Freddie Mehta Scholarship (~80% of annual tuition) for the highest score in Economics (Rank 1/180) - Cleared 3 papers (CT1, CT5 and CT7) of actuarial science from the IFoA (London) - Discussed art as a gentrifying force and rent’s link to cultural capital at the Sociology Seminar (awarded ‘A’ Grade) - Analysed the evolution of Competition Law and its quantification, published in the Arthnithi (ISSN: 2277 1344) - Modelled auction formats and their application to the public sector, presented at the Annual Economics Seminar _**Extra-curriculars**_ - Vice-chairperson, Econundrum: Led a workforce of 200 students across 12 departments, for the annual festival of the Economics Department - Sub-head, Malhar: Led speaker curation and management; hosted esteemed personalities such as Piyush Goyal and Shabana Azmi - Organized 100+ midnight cycling rides in Mumbai, hosting 4000+ customers over a 4-year period - Managed headlining artists such as Diplo (of Major Lazer) and Marshmello on their India tour of 2018 It would be fantastic if you could share list of schools that I should be considering as dream / target. Since there aren't too many pure startup folks I know who have applied in the past, I'm not sure what my frame of reference is. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

It'd be super helpful if you could help me analyse my prospects for an MBA app in the 2023/24 intake (leaning towards 2024).

Sure, happy to smile

GMAT: haven't given yet, but reasonably expecting 720+

Deomgraphics: Male | 23 | Indian

Aim for 750+. If you end up with 720+ thats fine

Work Experience: 35 months in total

20 months in the strategy team at Scaler, a fast-growing ed-tech startup ($710mn) as a Senior Associate

First generalist hire in a team comprising only ex-MBB consultants
First hire to be promoted within the team, now leading a team of 3 anaysts
Improved overall sales by 40% through capacity-building and process-restructuring for 80+ B2C salespeople
Reduced target defaults by 35% through robust feedback loops, targeted training, and incentive modification
Built an internal product that enables our sales team to engage with leads over WhatsApp, leading to 3x the average conversion
15 months in the Singapore office of Zilingo, a fashion-tech startup ($970mn). Worked in their regional strategy office as a Business Associate.

Managed projects across functions and markets as part of the regional team for the software as a service unit
Generated 40% CMGR in clients served; 50% increase in markets served; grew team size from 3 to 100+ in 8 months
Part of the 8-person core team that executed Zilingo’s first acquisition, completed in December ’19 at $15.5m
Forecasted balance sheet impact; consolidated competitor analyses; assessed alternatives for the acquisition
Alongside Scaler and Zilingo, built a side project named koi that had an ARR of $25k. Exited to a multi-million dollar valued meal-kit startup in a cash + equity deal in early 2022.

Solid workex across Zilingo and Scaler! Give you're current at 35 months you'll have around 48 months of work experience when you start the MBA — right in the sweet spot for M7. Your promotion at Scaler and expereince managing a team of three analysts should give us a lot of fodder for storng leadership essays. I think your experience with koi that we need to nurture and build upon. A successful exoet will go a long way in showcasing our entrepreneurial skills.

Education

B.A, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai (3.65/4)
12th- 82.4%
10th- 94.6%

Scholastic Achievements

• Freddie Mehta Scholarship (~80% of annual tuition) for the highest score in Economics (Rank 1/180)
  • Cleared 3 papers (CT1, CT5 and CT7) of actuarial science from the IFoA (London)
  • Discussed art as a gentrifying force and rent’s link to cultural capital at the Sociology Seminar (awarded ‘A’ Grade)
  • Analysed the evolution of Competition Law and its quantification, published in the Arthnithi (ISSN: 2277 1344)
  • Modelled auction formats and their application to the public sector, presented at the Annual Economics Seminar

Extra-curriculars

• Vice-chairperson, Econundrum: Led a workforce of 200 students across 12 departments, for the annual festival of the Economics Department
  • Sub-head, Malhar: Led speaker curation and management; hosted esteemed personalities such as Piyush Goyal and Shabana Azmi
  • Organized 100+ midnight cycling rides in Mumbai, hosting 4000+ customers over a 4-year period
  • Managed headlining artists such as Diplo (of Major Lazer) and Marshmello on their India tour of 2018

Strong GPA, with solid extracurriculars. We need to bring out some strong stories from those.

It would be fantastic if you could share list of schools that I should be considering as dream / target. Since there aren't too many pure startup folks I know who have applied in the past, I'm not sure what my frame of reference is.

I'll give a brief overview here as as I need to understand your background in more detail over a call to go more granular. With your background and assuming a 750+, US M7 will Target and schools below M7 i.e. Duke, Ross etc. will be Safety

Happy to hop on a call for a detailed profile evaluation via: https://calendly.com/m7admit/30min

Talk soon smile

> It'd be super helpful if you could help me analyse my prospects for an MBA app in the 2023/24 intake (leaning towards 2024). Sure, happy to :) > GMAT: haven't given yet, but reasonably expecting 720+ > Deomgraphics: Male | 23 | Indian Aim for 750+. If you end up with 720+ thats fine > Work Experience: 35 months in total > 20 months in the strategy team at Scaler, a fast-growing ed-tech startup ($710mn) as a Senior Associate > First generalist hire in a team comprising only ex-MBB consultants First hire to be promoted within the team, now leading a team of 3 anaysts Improved overall sales by 40% through capacity-building and process-restructuring for 80+ B2C salespeople Reduced target defaults by 35% through robust feedback loops, targeted training, and incentive modification Built an internal product that enables our sales team to engage with leads over WhatsApp, leading to 3x the average conversion > 15 months in the Singapore office of Zilingo, a fashion-tech startup ($970mn). Worked in their regional strategy office as a Business Associate. > Managed projects across functions and markets as part of the regional team for the software as a service unit Generated 40% CMGR in clients served; 50% increase in markets served; grew team size from 3 to 100+ in 8 months Part of the 8-person core team that executed Zilingo’s first acquisition, completed in December ’19 at $15.5m Forecasted balance sheet impact; consolidated competitor analyses; assessed alternatives for the acquisition Alongside Scaler and Zilingo, built a side project named koi that had an ARR of $25k. Exited to a multi-million dollar valued meal-kit startup in a cash + equity deal in early 2022. Solid workex across Zilingo and Scaler! Give you're current at 35 months you'll have around 48 months of work experience when you start the MBA — right in the sweet spot for M7. Your promotion at Scaler and expereince managing a team of three analysts should give us a lot of fodder for storng leadership essays. I think your experience with **koi** that we need to nurture and build upon. A successful exoet will go a long way in showcasing our entrepreneurial skills. > **Education ** > B.A, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai (3.65/4) 12th- 82.4% 10th- 94.6% > **Scholastic Achievements** > - Freddie Mehta Scholarship (~80% of annual tuition) for the highest score in Economics (Rank 1/180) - Cleared 3 papers (CT1, CT5 and CT7) of actuarial science from the IFoA (London) - Discussed art as a gentrifying force and rent’s link to cultural capital at the Sociology Seminar (awarded ‘A’ Grade) - Analysed the evolution of Competition Law and its quantification, published in the Arthnithi (ISSN: 2277 1344) - Modelled auction formats and their application to the public sector, presented at the Annual Economics Seminar > Extra-curriculars > - Vice-chairperson, Econundrum: Led a workforce of 200 students across 12 departments, for the annual festival of the Economics Department - Sub-head, Malhar: Led speaker curation and management; hosted esteemed personalities such as Piyush Goyal and Shabana Azmi - Organized 100+ midnight cycling rides in Mumbai, hosting 4000+ customers over a 4-year period - Managed headlining artists such as Diplo (of Major Lazer) and Marshmello on their India tour of 2018 Strong GPA, with solid extracurriculars. We need to bring out some strong stories from those. > It would be fantastic if you could share list of schools that I should be considering as dream / target. Since there aren't too many pure startup folks I know who have applied in the past, I'm not sure what my frame of reference is. I'll give a brief overview here as as I need to understand your background in more detail over a call to go more granular. With your background and assuming a 750+, US M7 will **Target** and schools below M7 i.e. Duke, Ross etc. will be **Safety** Happy to hop on a call for a detailed profile evaluation via: https://calendly.com/m7admit/30min Talk soon :)
edited May 7 '22 at 8:39 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft