MBA Profile Evaluation for 2023 Intake
Profile Evaluation for Fall 2023 Intake

Could you evaluate my profile for the Fall 2023 intake ?

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 730 (V41,Q49)

Undergraduate details: I have completed Btech. in Computer Science and Engineering in 2019 from a top 20 institute in India
GPA of 9.27/10 I was ranked 3rd in a class of 100

Extra curriculars at college:
1) Led the dramatics club at my college , performed award winning street-plays during this time
2) Organized a nation-wide event as a part of my college fest
3) I was involved in sports in college
4) I was also a part of the social justice club at college which basically focused on reducing inequalities among our community

Work Experience: 27 months at Fidelity Investments . I had one promotion till now. I work with United States counterparts. I was the only one responsible for an entire segment of my project from India. I am also involved in many cost cutting projects at this company.

Extracurriculars apart from work:
1) Apart from Work , I have started a small business from scratch for one of the poor family in India.
2) I also volunteered at an organization where we coached underprivileged youth for job interviews
3) I was also selected as one of the top 100 Youth Delegates at a global youth organization. As a Youth Delegate , I also helped organize and was a speaker at the 3 day Youth SDG summit during the United Nations Global goals week.
4) I am currently a Youth Delegate mentor at this organization mentoring 2-3 delegates of the current cohort of delegates.
5) I am also in the process of starting my own non-profit youth organization .We currently have 5 members on board.

My post MBA goals:
Short term goal : To gain enough knowledge and work as a product / project manager at A Tech Company
Long term goal : Start my own sustainable business focusing on social impact / Consulting startups focusing on social impact

I am looking at schools which accept a slightly lower work experience.
Schools which I was looking at :
1) Michigan Ross
2) UCLA
3) UC Berkeley
4) HEC Paris
5) Chicago Booth
6) Columbia Business School (I think this is too much of a stretch)
7) NUS
smile Northwestern kellog (I think this is too much of a stretch too)

Can you please evaluate my profile ?
Also I am not sure If I stand a chance at the schools I mentioned. I am not able to gauge my candidacy with respect to these schools. It would be very helpful if you could mention good schools in which I might

Could you evaluate my profile for the Fall 2023 intake ? **Nationality:** Indian **Gender:** Female **Age:** 23 **GMAT:** 730 (V41,Q49) **Undergraduate details:** I have completed Btech. in Computer Science and Engineering in 2019 from a top 20 institute in India GPA of 9.27/10 I was ranked 3rd in a class of 100 **Extra curriculars at college:** 1) Led the dramatics club at my college , performed award winning street-plays during this time 2) Organized a nation-wide event as a part of my college fest 3) I was involved in sports in college 4) I was also a part of the social justice club at college which basically focused on reducing inequalities among our community **Work Experience:** 27 months at Fidelity Investments . I had one promotion till now. I work with United States counterparts. I was the only one responsible for an entire segment of my project from India. I am also involved in many cost cutting projects at this company. **Extracurriculars apart from work:** 1) Apart from Work , I have started a small business from scratch for one of the poor family in India. 2) I also volunteered at an organization where we coached underprivileged youth for job interviews 3) I was also selected as one of the top 100 Youth Delegates at a global youth organization. As a Youth Delegate , I also helped organize and was a speaker at the 3 day Youth SDG summit during the United Nations Global goals week. 4) I am currently a Youth Delegate mentor at this organization mentoring 2-3 delegates of the current cohort of delegates. 5) I am also in the process of starting my own non-profit youth organization .We currently have 5 members on board. **My post MBA goals:** Short term goal : To gain enough knowledge and work as a product / project manager at A Tech Company Long term goal : Start my own sustainable business focusing on social impact / Consulting startups focusing on social impact I am looking at schools which accept a slightly lower work experience. Schools which I was looking at : 1) Michigan Ross 2) UCLA 3) UC Berkeley 4) HEC Paris 5) Chicago Booth 6) Columbia Business School (I think this is too much of a stretch) 7) NUS 8) Northwestern kellog (I think this is too much of a stretch too) Can you please evaluate my profile ? Also I am not sure If I stand a chance at the schools I mentioned. I am not able to gauge my candidacy with respect to these schools. It would be very helpful if you could mention good schools in which I might
edited May 5 '22 at 7:04 pm

Could you evaluate my profile for the Fall 2023 intake ?

Sure, happy to smile

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 730 (V41,Q49)

Your Verbal score is quite good. Coming from an Indian engineering background, Q49 is slightly on the lower side. If you had the same Verbal score with a Q50 or 51, you would have easily crossed 750+

Undergraduate details: I have completed Btech. in Computer Science and Engineering in 2019 from a top 20 institute in India
GPA of 9.27/10 I was ranked 3rd in a class of 100

GPA is solid. Top 20, so guessing its an IIT or NIT which would have a very strong pedigree! What about Positions Of Responsibility (PORs) in college? Would help to highlight leadership/teamwork etc. right from college

Work Experience: 27 months at Fidelity Investments . I had one promotion till now. I work with United States counterparts. I was the only one responsible for an entire segment of my project from India. I am also involved in many cost cutting projects at this company.

Fidelity is a solid multi national Fortune-100 brand. Are you in a middle office role or interacting directly with clients? Preference for MBA would of course be client facing front office roles. It is great that you have a promotion in such a short tenure - shows you were able to convince your superior you can take on more responsibilities. WorkEx is fine but slightly on the lower end. Sweet spot for M7 is around 36 months (i.e. 3yrs) while applying and 48 months (i.e. 4 yrs) while starting the program

Extracurriculars apart from work:
1) Apart from Work , I have started a small business from scratch for one of the poor family in India.
2) I also volunteered at an organization where we coached underprivileged youth for job interviews
3) I was also selected as one of the top 100 Youth Delegates at a global youth organization. As a Youth Delegate , I also helped organize and was a speaker at the 3 day Youth SDG summit during the United Nations Global goals week.
4) I am currently a Youth Delegate mentor at this organization mentoring 2-3 delegates of the current cohort of delegates.
5) I am also in the process of starting my own non-profit youth organization .We currently have 5 members on board.

Good extracurriculars but a bit disparate. We need to find a common theme across them and how it aligns to your long term vision i.e. how do the dots connect? But we should be able to squeeze in some solid leadership and teamwork stories from this strong extracurricular experience

My post MBA goals:
Short term goal : To gain enough knowledge and work as a product / project manager at A Tech Company
Long term goal : Start my own sustainable business focusing on social impact / Consulting startups focusing on social impact

Solid short and long term goals. It is important to understand how these goals fit in your overall career narrative i.e. what you've done until now and why you need an MBA to achieve these goals. We could possible tweak the goals of we decided its required for better overall narrative. Of course, you can pursue an entirely path after making it to your dream school !

I am looking at schools which accept a slightly lower work experience.
Schools which I was looking at :
1) Michigan Ross
2) UCLA
3) UC Berkeley
4) HEC Paris
5) Chicago Booth
6) Columbia Business School (I think this is too much of a stretch)
7) NUS
smile Northwestern kellog (I think this is too much of a stretch too)

Can you please evaluate my profile ?
Also I am not sure If I stand a chance at the schools I mentioned. I am not able to gauge my candidacy with respect to these schools. It would be very helpful if you could mention good schools in which I might

With your background and score, Ross, UCLA would be Target; Haas, Booth, CBS, Kellogg dream while HEC, NUS would be on the safer side. We should choose a god mix of schools with strong cultural fit to maximize your chances of securing an admit. Other schools to consider would be Duke, Darden, Oxford, Cambridge - Target, Wharton, LBS - Dream and Tepper, Cornell, IESE - Safety.

Wish you the best with your applications! smile

> Could you evaluate my profile for the Fall 2023 intake ? Sure, happy to :) > Nationality: Indian Gender: Female Age: 23 GMAT: 730 (V41,Q49) Your Verbal score is quite good. Coming from an Indian engineering background, Q49 is slightly on the lower side. If you had the same Verbal score with a Q50 or 51, you would have easily crossed 750+ > Undergraduate details: I have completed Btech. in Computer Science and Engineering in 2019 from a top 20 institute in India GPA of 9.27/10 I was ranked 3rd in a class of 100 GPA is solid. Top 20, so guessing its an IIT or NIT which would have a very strong pedigree! What about Positions Of Responsibility (PORs) in college? Would help to highlight leadership/teamwork etc. right from college > Work Experience: 27 months at Fidelity Investments . I had one promotion till now. I work with United States counterparts. I was the only one responsible for an entire segment of my project from India. I am also involved in many cost cutting projects at this company. Fidelity is a solid multi national Fortune-100 brand. Are you in a middle office role or interacting directly with clients? Preference for MBA would of course be client facing front office roles. It is great that you have a promotion in such a short tenure - shows you were able to convince your superior you can take on more responsibilities. WorkEx is fine but slightly on the lower end. Sweet spot for M7 is around 36 months (i.e. 3yrs) while applying and 48 months (i.e. 4 yrs) while starting the program > Extracurriculars apart from work: 1) Apart from Work , I have started a small business from scratch for one of the poor family in India. 2) I also volunteered at an organization where we coached underprivileged youth for job interviews 3) I was also selected as one of the top 100 Youth Delegates at a global youth organization. As a Youth Delegate , I also helped organize and was a speaker at the 3 day Youth SDG summit during the United Nations Global goals week. 4) I am currently a Youth Delegate mentor at this organization mentoring 2-3 delegates of the current cohort of delegates. 5) I am also in the process of starting my own non-profit youth organization .We currently have 5 members on board. Good extracurriculars but a bit disparate. We need to find a common theme across them and how it aligns to your long term vision i.e. how do the dots connect? But we should be able to squeeze in some solid leadership and teamwork stories from this strong extracurricular experience > My post MBA goals: Short term goal : To gain enough knowledge and work as a product / project manager at A Tech Company Long term goal : Start my own sustainable business focusing on social impact / Consulting startups focusing on social impact Solid short and long term goals. It is important to understand how these goals fit in your overall career narrative i.e. what you've done until now and why you need an MBA to achieve these goals. We could possible tweak the goals of we decided its required for better overall narrative. Of course, you can pursue an entirely path after making it to your dream school ! > I am looking at schools which accept a slightly lower work experience. Schools which I was looking at : 1) Michigan Ross 2) UCLA 3) UC Berkeley 4) HEC Paris 5) Chicago Booth 6) Columbia Business School (I think this is too much of a stretch) 7) NUS smile Northwestern kellog (I think this is too much of a stretch too) > Can you please evaluate my profile ? Also I am not sure If I stand a chance at the schools I mentioned. I am not able to gauge my candidacy with respect to these schools. It would be very helpful if you could mention good schools in which I might With your background and score, Ross, UCLA would be Target; Haas, Booth, CBS, Kellogg dream while HEC, NUS would be on the safer side. We should choose a god mix of schools with strong cultural fit to maximize your chances of securing an admit. Other schools to consider would be Duke, Darden, Oxford, Cambridge - Target, Wharton, LBS - Dream and Tepper, Cornell, IESE - Safety. Wish you the best with your applications! :)
edited May 5 '22 at 9:44 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft