MBA profile evalaution for 2021 intake
Profile Evalusation for B-schools
m7

Hope you are doing well!
I would request you to please evaluate my profile based on the details below. Please let me know in case I have missed some basic details.

27 years old | Male | Indian
Target Schools: FT Top 25 (Need advice on the schools I can target)

ACADEMICS:
10th – 93.1%
12th – 92.3%
Graduation (B.Tech – Petroleum Engineering) | 8.03/10 CGPA | IIT (ISM) Dhanbad | Held leadership positions in different societies and organized fests (Music, Departmental, etc.)

GMAT - 740/800 (V-40, Q-50, IR-7, AWA-5.5)

WORK EXPERIENCE:
4.5 years (as of May-end 2021) in India’s largest PSU and Oil and Gas Major as a Field-based Production Engineer (Operations Role)
-Led a team of 4 to optimize the supply of natural gas to consumers through a pipeline distribution network
-Successfully took care of different crises in work (risking lives)
-Awarded for new initiatives, speedy implementation, and HSE practices

EXTRA-CURRICULAR:
.-Music, Art (Trained, participated and organized events since school till present)
-Volunteering (Volunteered in NGOs to teach children, organized food/health camps, etc., fundraising, etc.)

POST MBA GOALS:
Join an e-commerce firm in operations Role

Hope you are doing well! I would request you to please evaluate my profile based on the details below. Please let me know in case I have missed some basic details. 27 years old | Male | Indian Target Schools: FT Top 25 (Need advice on the schools I can target) ACADEMICS: 10th – 93.1% 12th – 92.3% Graduation (B.Tech – Petroleum Engineering) | 8.03/10 CGPA | IIT (ISM) Dhanbad | Held leadership positions in different societies and organized fests (Music, Departmental, etc.) GMAT - 740/800 (V-40, Q-50, IR-7, AWA-5.5) WORK EXPERIENCE: 4.5 years (as of May-end 2021) in India’s largest PSU and Oil and Gas Major as a Field-based Production Engineer (Operations Role) -Led a team of 4 to optimize the supply of natural gas to consumers through a pipeline distribution network -Successfully took care of different crises in work (risking lives) -Awarded for new initiatives, speedy implementation, and HSE practices EXTRA-CURRICULAR: .-Music, Art (Trained, participated and organized events since school till present) -Volunteering (Volunteered in NGOs to teach children, organized food/health camps, etc., fundraising, etc.) POST MBA GOALS: Join an e-commerce firm in operations Role

@terminator_123 happy to smile

ACADEMICS:
10th – 93.1%
12th – 92.3%
Graduation (B.Tech – Petroleum Engineering) | 8.03/10 CGPA | IIT (ISM) Dhanbad | Held leadership positions in different societies and organized fests (Music, Departmental, etc.)

Good acedemics and strong GPA. ISM is well know and lot of ISM alums go to Ivy League, so AdCom will be familiar with the pedigree. It's great that you held leadership positions in societies and fests at ISM, it shows good extra-curricular involvement and should be highlighted in Resume and essays

GMAT - 740/800 (V-40, Q-50, IR-7, AWA-5.5)

Strong GMAT. If you'd scored Q-51, you'd crossed 750. It's right at the edge for M7 schools but can make a strong case with good application

WORK EXPERIENCE:
4.5 years (as of May-end 2021) in India’s largest PSU and Oil and Gas Major as a Field-based Production Engineer (Operations Role)
-Led a team of 4 to optimize the supply of natural gas to consumers through a pipeline distribution network
-Successfully took care of different crises in work (risking lives)
-Awarded for new initiatives, speedy implementation, and HSE practices

Work experience sounds good. Although, you will have stiff competition from applicants working with global energy brands like Shell or energy consulting companies like Schlumberger. Strong leadership expereince that needs to be highlighted across your stories. Did you have promotion? How many? Multiple promotions will make your case stronger

EXTRA-CURRICULAR:
.-Music, Art (Trained, participated and organized events since school till present)
-Volunteering (Volunteered in NGOs to teach children, organized food/health camps, etc., fundraising, etc.)

Good extra-curriculars that show a well-rounded profile. But need to showcase sustained involvement over a period of time, ideally not in spurts or just before the application

POST MBA GOALS:
Join an e-commerce firm in operations Role

This seems like a big shift from what you've been doing. Need to consider how the career narrative fits from AdCom pint of view.

Overall a strong profile! There are definately areas that need to be streamlined, but definatley in game for Top-25. Wish you the best smile

@terminator_123 happy to :) > ACADEMICS: 10th – 93.1% 12th – 92.3% Graduation (B.Tech – Petroleum Engineering) | 8.03/10 CGPA | IIT (ISM) Dhanbad | Held leadership positions in different societies and organized fests (Music, Departmental, etc.) Good acedemics and strong GPA. ISM is well know and lot of ISM alums go to Ivy League, so AdCom will be familiar with the pedigree. It's great that you held leadership positions in societies and fests at ISM, it shows good extra-curricular involvement and should be highlighted in Resume and essays > GMAT - 740/800 (V-40, Q-50, IR-7, AWA-5.5) Strong GMAT. If you'd scored Q-51, you'd crossed 750. It's right at the edge for M7 schools but can make a strong case with good application > WORK EXPERIENCE: 4.5 years (as of May-end 2021) in India’s largest PSU and Oil and Gas Major as a Field-based Production Engineer (Operations Role) -Led a team of 4 to optimize the supply of natural gas to consumers through a pipeline distribution network -Successfully took care of different crises in work (risking lives) -Awarded for new initiatives, speedy implementation, and HSE practices Work experience sounds good. Although, you will have stiff competition from applicants working with global energy brands like Shell or energy consulting companies like Schlumberger. Strong leadership expereince that needs to be highlighted across your stories. Did you have promotion? How many? Multiple promotions will make your case stronger > EXTRA-CURRICULAR: .-Music, Art (Trained, participated and organized events since school till present) -Volunteering (Volunteered in NGOs to teach children, organized food/health camps, etc., fundraising, etc.) Good extra-curriculars that show a well-rounded profile. But need to showcase sustained involvement over a period of time, ideally not in spurts or just before the application > POST MBA GOALS: Join an e-commerce firm in operations Role This seems like a big shift from what you've been doing. Need to consider how the career narrative fits from AdCom pint of view. Overall a strong profile! There are definately areas that need to be streamlined, but definatley in game for Top-25. Wish you the best 8)
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft