MBA profile evalaution for 2021 intake
Profile Evaluation and target GMAT score for M7 and LBS, UCB, UCLA

I need your suggestion about my profile and the target GMAT score for some of my target schools for an MBA.

Target schools - M7, UCB, UCLA, Ross, Tuck, LBS, ISB

My profile:
10th - 93.1%
12th - 92.4%
Btech - NIT Durgapur 2012-2016, Mechanical Engineering, 9.15/10

Work Experience -

1. Tata Motors - Senior manager: Aug'16 - Aug'17 - Prodution Planning and Control
  2. ZS Associates - Decision ANalytics Associate (Will be promoted to Associate Consultant in December): Apr'18 - Currently working here
  3. Entrepreneurship - Currently co-founding a platform based company. Company name and domain will be registered this week

Extra-Curricular - Certifications in Quiz, singing, dancing, olympiads,sports etc. during school
NGO experience - Worked in an NGO in Imphal from Aug'17-Feb'18 and was awarded the best Volunteer for the month of Oct'17

Post-MBA Goals -

1. Short Term - Continuing my startup and scaling it up, joining a consulting firm
  2. Long term - Starting my consulting firm and integrating it with the startup I am currently working on

Please do suggest the target GMAT score for the target schools and my chances of getting an interview calls from these schools. Thanks in advance!

I need your suggestion about my profile and the target GMAT score for some of my target schools for an MBA. Target schools - M7, UCB, UCLA, Ross, Tuck, LBS, ISB My profile: 10th - 93.1% 12th - 92.4% Btech - NIT Durgapur 2012-2016, Mechanical Engineering, 9.15/10 Work Experience - 1. Tata Motors - Senior manager: Aug'16 - Aug'17 - Prodution Planning and Control 2. ZS Associates - Decision ANalytics Associate (Will be promoted to Associate Consultant in December): Apr'18 - Currently working here 3. Entrepreneurship - Currently co-founding a platform based company. Company name and domain will be registered this week Extra-Curricular - Certifications in Quiz, singing, dancing, olympiads,sports etc. during school NGO experience - Worked in an NGO in Imphal from Aug'17-Feb'18 and was awarded the best Volunteer for the month of Oct'17 Post-MBA Goals - 1. Short Term - Continuing my startup and scaling it up, joining a consulting firm 2. Long term - Starting my consulting firm and integrating it with the startup I am currently working on Please do suggest the target GMAT score for the target schools and my chances of getting an interview calls from these schools. Thanks in advance!

dear @snehashish_bal happy to share my thoughts

My profile:
10th - 93.1%
12th - 92.4%
Btech - NIT Durgapur 2012-2016, Mechanical Engineering, 9.15/10

You have solid grades in 10th, 12th and a very stong GPA! NIT Durgapur is a solid school, though I believe IITs might have a slight edge in terms of brand pedigree during the admission process. You graduated in 2016 so if you apply this year for the MBA program starting in '21, you have have 5yrs of workex when you start

Work Experience -
Tata Motors - Senior manager: Aug'16 - Aug'17 - Prodution Planning and Control
ZS Associates - Decision ANalytics Associate (Will be promoted to Associate Consultant in December): Apr'18 - Currently working here
Entrepreneurship - Currently co-founding a platform based company. Company name and domain will be registered this week

Both Tata Motors and ZS are good brand names. If the promotion happens in December, might be tough to show in your applications and interviews. You will have competition from people applying with MBB consulting backgriunds, so it's important to seert how the work you did at ZS stands out. The part time entrepreneurial sounds interesting, depending on what stage it is we can leverage in the apps and interviews.

Extra-Curricular - Certifications in Quiz, singing, dancing, olympiads,sports etc. during school
NGO experience - Worked in an NGO in Imphal from Aug'17-Feb'18 and was awarded the best Volunteer for the month of Oct'17

This is fine. Do you still work with this NGO? Is is good sto show sustained involvement over a period of time

Post-MBA Goals -
Short Term - Continuing my startup and scaling it up, joining a consulting firm
Long term - Starting my consulting firm and integrating it with the startup I am currently working on

We might need to work on your career narrative because consulting is something that most applicants will have as goal.

Please do suggest the target GMAT score for the target schools and my chances of getting an interview calls from these schools. Thanks in advance!

Given your high GPA, I would target a 740/750+ score to leave no diubt in the minds of the AdCom for that you can withstand analytical rigour of the program. With a 740+ and your profile, M7, UCB, UCLA, Ross, Tuck, LBS, ISB are definitely in reach. WIsh you the best!

dear @snehashish_bal happy to share my thoughts > My profile: 10th - 93.1% 12th - 92.4% Btech - NIT Durgapur 2012-2016, Mechanical Engineering, 9.15/10 You have solid grades in 10th, 12th and a very stong GPA! NIT Durgapur is a solid school, though I believe IITs might have a slight edge in terms of brand pedigree during the admission process. You graduated in 2016 so if you apply this year for the MBA program starting in '21, you have have 5yrs of workex when you start > Work Experience - Tata Motors - Senior manager: Aug'16 - Aug'17 - Prodution Planning and Control ZS Associates - Decision ANalytics Associate (Will be promoted to Associate Consultant in December): Apr'18 - Currently working here Entrepreneurship - Currently co-founding a platform based company. Company name and domain will be registered this week Both Tata Motors and ZS are good brand names. If the promotion happens in December, might be tough to show in your applications and interviews. You will have competition from people applying with MBB consulting backgriunds, so it's important to seert how the work you did at ZS stands out. The part time entrepreneurial sounds interesting, depending on what stage it is we can leverage in the apps and interviews. > Extra-Curricular - Certifications in Quiz, singing, dancing, olympiads,sports etc. during school NGO experience - Worked in an NGO in Imphal from Aug'17-Feb'18 and was awarded the best Volunteer for the month of Oct'17 This is fine. Do you still work with this NGO? Is is good sto show sustained involvement over a period of time > Post-MBA Goals - Short Term - Continuing my startup and scaling it up, joining a consulting firm Long term - Starting my consulting firm and integrating it with the startup I am currently working on We might need to work on your career narrative because consulting is something that most applicants will have as goal. > Please do suggest the target GMAT score for the target schools and my chances of getting an interview calls from these schools. Thanks in advance! Given your high GPA, I would target a 740/750+ score to leave no diubt in the minds of the AdCom for that you can withstand analytical rigour of the program. With a 740+ and your profile, M7, UCB, UCLA, Ross, Tuck, LBS, ISB are definitely in reach. WIsh you the best!

@Amit: Thank you for the evaluation. Definitely this is very helpful. To answer some of your questions:-

1- Startup - We will be launching the platform soon and will start registering our target customers by the end of this month
2- Promotions - I am planning to apply in R2 that's why I mentioned about the promotion aspect. My USP at ZS has been the variety of projects - some examples are financial modeling, brand tracking, patient chart study, mobile ethnography study, qualitative and quantitative market research studies, patient journey studies etc.
NGO - Currently I am not associated with the NGO because of my work commitment but I was associated with this NGO during my college time as well

@Amit: Thank you for the evaluation. Definitely this is very helpful. To answer some of your questions:- 1- Startup - We will be launching the platform soon and will start registering our target customers by the end of this month 2- Promotions - I am planning to apply in R2 that's why I mentioned about the promotion aspect. My USP at ZS has been the variety of projects - some examples are financial modeling, brand tracking, patient chart study, mobile ethnography study, qualitative and quantitative market research studies, patient journey studies etc. NGO - Currently I am not associated with the NGO because of my work commitment but I was associated with this NGO during my college time as well
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft