MBA profile evalaution for 2021 intake
Profile Evaluator and Request for Target GMAT Score

Hello All!

I would request you to kindly evaluate my profile and suggest ideal GMAT score to get an M7 admit.

Male, 27, Indian

10th- 96.8%, 2010 (English+Best 4)
12th- 97%, 2012 (English+Best 3)

B.E. in Chemical Engineering - 82.8% with First Class Honours from a top-tier Government Engineering College(Jadavpur University), 2016

Extra-Curriculars- Member of Executive Committee of Photographic Club in College for three years(2013-2016). Convenor of a national level photography contest and exhibition and organizer of an international photography contest and exhibition. Also mentored juniors in photography during the tenure. Associate Student Secretary in Departmental Reunion Committee, 2016. Photographs exhibited in several national and international exhibitions throughout the world and several renowned online photo-magazines. Also, a short-story writer in Bengali, having been published in several little magazines.

Work Ex: 4 years (Sep 2016 to present)
Lubricant Sales Territory Manager for 4 districts for a major Oil & Gas Public Sector Undertaking of Govt of India.
Joined in 2016 as Sales Officer. Was posted in a tier-2 city with a different and unknown native language and very different cultures. Led a team of six distributors and their respective teams spread over four districts including rural, urban and hilly terrain.Secondary Customer base included around 350 fuel stations, 800 independent resellers, several OEM service stations and Fleet operators, along with a huge base of auto mechanics in these four districts as the tertiary and most important part of the chain. Activities included achieving target of sales volumes, product projections and arrangements, product marketing, managing inventory , mentoring sales force, sales campaigns, BTL and customer engagement activities. Organized and presided over team trainings, seminars and other customer engagement activity like mechanic cricket tournaments, which was unique in the industry. Was awarded with 2 outstanding ratings out of the total 3 ratings received so far. Recently promoted as Assistant Manager.

During the lockdown for Covid-19, along with the team of distributors, actively helped mechanics with rations and source of livelihood.

Other Mentions:
School Topper in both 10th and 12th
Got an AIR 26 in GATE 2016
Did a online certification course on "Public Speaking" from Rochester Institute of Technology

Hello All! I would request you to kindly evaluate my profile and suggest ideal GMAT score to get an M7 admit. Male, 27, Indian 10th- 96.8%, 2010 (English+Best 4) 12th- 97%, 2012 (English+Best 3) B.E. in Chemical Engineering - 82.8% with First Class Honours from a top-tier Government Engineering College(Jadavpur University), 2016 Extra-Curriculars- Member of Executive Committee of Photographic Club in College for three years(2013-2016). Convenor of a national level photography contest and exhibition and organizer of an international photography contest and exhibition. Also mentored juniors in photography during the tenure. Associate Student Secretary in Departmental Reunion Committee, 2016. Photographs exhibited in several national and international exhibitions throughout the world and several renowned online photo-magazines. Also, a short-story writer in Bengali, having been published in several little magazines. Work Ex: 4 years (Sep 2016 to present) Lubricant Sales Territory Manager for 4 districts for a major Oil & Gas Public Sector Undertaking of Govt of India. Joined in 2016 as Sales Officer. Was posted in a tier-2 city with a different and unknown native language and very different cultures. Led a team of six distributors and their respective teams spread over four districts including rural, urban and hilly terrain.Secondary Customer base included around 350 fuel stations, 800 independent resellers, several OEM service stations and Fleet operators, along with a huge base of auto mechanics in these four districts as the tertiary and most important part of the chain. Activities included achieving target of sales volumes, product projections and arrangements, product marketing, managing inventory , mentoring sales force, sales campaigns, BTL and customer engagement activities. Organized and presided over team trainings, seminars and other customer engagement activity like mechanic cricket tournaments, which was unique in the industry. Was awarded with 2 outstanding ratings out of the total 3 ratings received so far. Recently promoted as Assistant Manager. During the lockdown for Covid-19, along with the team of distributors, actively helped mechanics with rations and source of livelihood. Other Mentions: School Topper in both 10th and 12th Got an AIR 26 in GATE 2016 Did a online certification course on "Public Speaking" from Rochester Institute of Technology

Forgot to mention, I have started preparing for GMAT in July and am planning to take the test in early October and Apply for Round 2.

Also, I am a bit confused about my post-MBA goals. I need to develop myself more to see myself a more capable in leadership position in leading organizations. However, I am not sure of the sector I want to work in right now.

Forgot to mention, I have started preparing for GMAT in July and am planning to take the test in early October and Apply for Round 2. Also, I am a bit confused about my post-MBA goals. I need to develop myself more to see myself a more capable in leadership position in leading organizations. However, I am not sure of the sector I want to work in right now.

I would request you to kindly evaluate my profile and suggest ideal GMAT score to get an M7 admit.

Sure @sankh24 happy to smile

Male, 27, Indian

10th- 96.8%, 2010 (English+Best 4)
12th- 97%, 2012 (English+Best 3)

B.E. in Chemical Engineering - 82.8% with First Class Honours from a top-tier Government Engineering College(Jadavpur University), 2016

You have solid grades in 10th, 12th and undergrad - congrats! Jadavpur through well-known and strong school, would be a rank below the IITs/NITs and BITS, so you need to put that extra push in your GMAT and application

Extra-Curriculars- Member of Executive Committee of Photographic Club in College for three years(2013-2016). Convenor of a national level photography contest and exhibition and organizer of an international photography contest and exhibition. Also mentored juniors in photography during the tenure. Associate Student Secretary in Departmental Reunion Committee, 2016. Photographs exhibited in several national and international exhibitions throughout the world and several renowned online photo-magazines. Also, a short-story writer in Bengali, having been published in several little magazines.

Do you still pursue Photography? Make sure you highlight extracurriculars you are involved in for a long period of time. Else choose few of the top activities and stick to them. Else it becomes difficult to separate signal from noise

Work Ex: 4 years (Sep 2016 to present)
Lubricant Sales Territory Manager for 4 districts for a major Oil & Gas Public Sector Undertaking of Govt of India.
Joined in 2016 as Sales Officer. Was posted in a tier-2 city with a different and unknown native language and very different cultures. Led a team of six distributors and their respective teams spread over four districts including rural, urban and hilly terrain.Secondary Customer base included around 350 fuel stations, 800 independent resellers, several OEM service stations and Fleet operators, along with a huge base of auto mechanics in these four districts as the tertiary and most important part of the chain. Activities included achieving target of sales volumes, product projections and arrangements, product marketing, managing inventory , mentoring sales force, sales campaigns, BTL and customer engagement activities. Organized and presided over team trainings, seminars and other customer engagement activity like mechanic cricket tournaments, which was unique in the industry. Was awarded with 2 outstanding ratings out of the total 3 ratings received so far. Recently promoted as Assistant Manager.

You seem to have solid on-ground sales expereince that will serve you weill in the application process. You do have solid competition from people applying from likes of Shell, Schlumberger and energy practise of MBB. Your recent promotion to Asst. Manager and expreince in leading a team of six distributors need to be highlighted. The two outstanding ratings alo need to be brought out

During the lockdown for Covid-19, along with the team of distributors, actively helped mechanics with rations and source of livelihood.

This is impressive and we should highlight this in the community section

Other Mentions:
School Topper in both 10th and 12th
Got an AIR 26 in GATE 2016
Did a online certification course on "Public Speaking" from Rochester Institute of Technology

These are fine but not as relevant for MBA. Can go in additional information

Forgot to mention, I have started preparing for GMAT in July and am planning to take the test in early October and Apply for Round 2.

Try to take in Sept end so you have some buffer to re-take if required. Aim for 750+ if for a serious shot at M7

Also, I am a bit confused about my post-MBA goals. I need to develop myself more to see myself a more capable in leadership position in leading organizations. However, I am not sure of the sector I want to work in right now.

Career narrative is an extremely critical piece and the reson why most applications fail. This needs to be well thought out and specific. We cover this in detail during the process.

Wish you the best smile

> I would request you to kindly evaluate my profile and suggest ideal GMAT score to get an M7 admit. Sure @sankh24 happy to :) > Male, 27, Indian >10th- 96.8%, 2010 (English+Best 4) 12th- 97%, 2012 (English+Best 3) >B.E. in Chemical Engineering - 82.8% with First Class Honours from a top-tier Government Engineering College(Jadavpur University), 2016 You have solid grades in 10th, 12th and undergrad - congrats! Jadavpur through well-known and strong school, would be a rank below the IITs/NITs and BITS, so you need to put that extra push in your GMAT and application >Extra-Curriculars- Member of Executive Committee of Photographic Club in College for three years(2013-2016). Convenor of a national level photography contest and exhibition and organizer of an international photography contest and exhibition. Also mentored juniors in photography during the tenure. Associate Student Secretary in Departmental Reunion Committee, 2016. Photographs exhibited in several national and international exhibitions throughout the world and several renowned online photo-magazines. Also, a short-story writer in Bengali, having been published in several little magazines. Do you still pursue Photography? Make sure you highlight extracurriculars you are involved in for a long period of time. Else choose few of the top activities and stick to them. Else it becomes difficult to separate signal from noise >Work Ex: 4 years (Sep 2016 to present) Lubricant Sales Territory Manager for 4 districts for a major Oil & Gas Public Sector Undertaking of Govt of India. Joined in 2016 as Sales Officer. Was posted in a tier-2 city with a different and unknown native language and very different cultures. Led a team of six distributors and their respective teams spread over four districts including rural, urban and hilly terrain.Secondary Customer base included around 350 fuel stations, 800 independent resellers, several OEM service stations and Fleet operators, along with a huge base of auto mechanics in these four districts as the tertiary and most important part of the chain. Activities included achieving target of sales volumes, product projections and arrangements, product marketing, managing inventory , mentoring sales force, sales campaigns, BTL and customer engagement activities. Organized and presided over team trainings, seminars and other customer engagement activity like mechanic cricket tournaments, which was unique in the industry. Was awarded with 2 outstanding ratings out of the total 3 ratings received so far. Recently promoted as Assistant Manager. You seem to have solid on-ground sales expereince that will serve you weill in the application process. You do have solid competition from people applying from likes of Shell, Schlumberger and energy practise of MBB. Your recent promotion to Asst. Manager and expreince in leading a team of six distributors need to be highlighted. The two outstanding ratings alo need to be brought out >During the lockdown for Covid-19, along with the team of distributors, actively helped mechanics with rations and source of livelihood. This is impressive and we should highlight this in the community section >Other Mentions: School Topper in both 10th and 12th Got an AIR 26 in GATE 2016 Did a online certification course on "Public Speaking" from Rochester Institute of Technology These are fine but not as relevant for MBA. Can go in additional information >Forgot to mention, I have started preparing for GMAT in July and am planning to take the test in early October and Apply for Round 2. Try to take in Sept end so you have some buffer to re-take if required. Aim for 750+ if for a serious shot at M7 >Also, I am a bit confused about my post-MBA goals. I need to develop myself more to see myself a more capable in leadership position in leading organizations. However, I am not sure of the sector I want to work in right now. Career narrative is an extremely critical piece and the reson why most applications fail. This needs to be well thought out and specific. We cover this in detail during the process. Wish you the best :)
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft