MBA profile evalaution for 2021 intake
Profile evaluation

Hope you are doing well and staying safe!

I would request you to please evaluate my profile based on details below. Please let me know in case I have missed some basic details.

24 years old | Male | Indian
Target Schools: Top colleges of Canada, Not Sure of USA anymore due to uncertainty

ACADEMICS:
10th - 9.2 CGPA
12th - 90%
Graduation (BE - Chemical Engineering) | 6.4/10 CGPA | National Institute of Technology Karnataka | GMAT: Will be giving by September.

WORK EXPERIENCE
4 years (as of June-end 2020)

Have had significant career growth in the past four years, started career through a startup, now working as a program manager in one of top reputed companies of India.

POST MBA GOALS:
Work as product/program manager at USA/Canada and move on to leadership roles

Few questions:
1) What should be my target gmat score?
2) Should i still consider colleges of USA, given the current situation ongoing related to student visa and the tough immigration laws?
3) Any Schools you recommend for me to consider

Hope you are doing well and staying safe! I would request you to please evaluate my profile based on details below. Please let me know in case I have missed some basic details. 24 years old | Male | Indian Target Schools: Top colleges of Canada, Not Sure of USA anymore due to uncertainty ACADEMICS: 10th - 9.2 CGPA 12th - 90% Graduation (BE - Chemical Engineering) | 6.4/10 CGPA | National Institute of Technology Karnataka | GMAT: Will be giving by September. WORK EXPERIENCE 4 years (as of June-end 2020) Have had significant career growth in the past four years, started career through a startup, now working as a program manager in one of top reputed companies of India. POST MBA GOALS: Work as product/program manager at USA/Canada and move on to leadership roles Few questions: 1) What should be my target gmat score? 2) Should i still consider colleges of USA, given the current situation ongoing related to student visa and the tough immigration laws? 3) Any Schools you recommend for me to consider

@shadabmanzer overall you have a strong profile

ACADEMICS:
10th - 9.2 CGPA
12th - 90%
Graduation (BE - Chemical Engineering) | 6.4/10 CGPA | National Institute of Technology Karnataka | GMAT: Will be giving by September.

NIT Surathkal is well know and the AdCom who matter know about it. Your GPA is on the lower side so I suggest you explan in the optional essay whay it was so low: involved in extra-curriculars, medical emergency, personal challenges...

WORK EXPERIENCE
4 years (as of June-end 2020)

Have had significant career growth in the past four years, started career through a startup, now working as a program manager in one of top reputed companies of India.

So when you start you will have 5 yrs of workex, this is good. Having a promotional path will showcase you are able to win the support of people you work with

POST MBA GOALS:
Work as product/program manager at USA/Canada and move on to leadership roles

I think this aligns well with you educational background and professional expereinces. The short and long term goals need to be a lot more flushed out though

Few questions:
1) What should be my target gmat score?

With your profile aim 740+. Don't settle for anything below 700

2) Should i still consider colleges of USA, given the current situation ongoing related to student visa and the tough immigration laws?

It is easy to move after studying in US to work in Canada, but not the other way round. With your background in Product/Program management, I would focus on US schools close to bay area.

3) Any Schools you recommend for me to consider

GMAT 750+ --> Target schools are Wharton, MIT Sloan, Berkeley Haas
GMAT 700-740 --> Target schools are Duke, Yale, Ross, Tuck

Candain Schools --> Rotman, McGill, Ivey, Schulich

All the best smile

@shadabmanzer overall you have a strong profile > ACADEMICS: 10th - 9.2 CGPA 12th - 90% Graduation (BE - Chemical Engineering) | 6.4/10 CGPA | National Institute of Technology Karnataka | GMAT: Will be giving by September. NIT Surathkal is well know and the AdCom who matter know about it. Your GPA is on the lower side so I suggest you explan in the optional essay whay it was so low: involved in extra-curriculars, medical emergency, personal challenges... > WORK EXPERIENCE 4 years (as of June-end 2020) > Have had significant career growth in the past four years, started career through a startup, now working as a program manager in one of top reputed companies of India. So when you start you will have 5 yrs of workex, this is good. Having a promotional path will showcase you are able to win the support of people you work with > POST MBA GOALS: Work as product/program manager at USA/Canada and move on to leadership roles I think this aligns well with you educational background and professional expereinces. The short and long term goals need to be a lot more flushed out though > Few questions: 1) What should be my target gmat score? With your profile aim 740+. Don't settle for anything below 700 > 2) Should i still consider colleges of USA, given the current situation ongoing related to student visa and the tough immigration laws? It is easy to move after studying in US to work in Canada, but not the other way round. With your background in Product/Program management, I would focus on US schools close to bay area. > 3) Any Schools you recommend for me to consider GMAT 750+ --> Target schools are Wharton, MIT Sloan, Berkeley Haas GMAT 700-740 --> Target schools are Duke, Yale, Ross, Tuck Candain Schools --> Rotman, McGill, Ivey, Schulich All the best :S

Thanks, admin, this was a detailed reply, very helpful.

NIT Surathkal is well know and the AdCom who matter know about it. Your GPA is on the lower side so I suggest you explan in the optional essay whay it was so low: involved in extra-curriculars, medical emergency, personal challenges...

To be honest the real reason is I was not interested in Chemical engineering, my first year gpa stands at 8.5 and then downhill from there due to losing intrested in curriculum, don't know how to turn this into positive.

I think this aligns well with you educational background and professional experiences. The short and long term goals need to be a lot more flushed out though

Sure, will think more and work on this further, the end goal is entrepreneurship of course, but don't know how articulate this well.

With your profile aim 740+. Don't settle for anything below 700

The reason is I don't get time to study. Work doesn't allow me to have any time during week, the only time I can manage are weekends, and as I plan to give the exam by September, didn't think 740 was possible with the time available. (740+ was always the plan, but the current circumstance made me target lower)

However, I agree with you and will target for 740+.

Thanks, admin, this was a detailed reply, very helpful. > NIT Surathkal is well know and the AdCom who matter know about it. Your GPA is on the lower side so I suggest you explan in the optional essay whay it was so low: involved in extra-curriculars, medical emergency, personal challenges... To be honest the real reason is I was not interested in Chemical engineering, my first year gpa stands at 8.5 and then downhill from there due to losing intrested in curriculum, don't know how to turn this into positive. > I think this aligns well with you educational background and professional experiences. The short and long term goals need to be a lot more flushed out though Sure, will think more and work on this further, the end goal is entrepreneurship of course, but don't know how articulate this well. > With your profile aim 740+. Don't settle for anything below 700 The reason is I don't get time to study. Work doesn't allow me to have any time during week, the only time I can manage are weekends, and as I plan to give the exam by September, didn't think 740 was possible with the time available. (740+ was always the plan, but the current circumstance made me target lower) However, I agree with you and will target for 740+.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft