MBA Profile Evaluation for 2023 Intake

Please submit your profiles for evaluation targeting MBA '23 Intake

DS263 posted May 24 '22 at 8:52 am

Hi,

It'd be extremely helpful if you could advise me on my prospects for an MBA app in the 2023 intake.

GMAT: haven't given yet, but expecting 730+

Demographics: Female | 25 | Indian

Work Experience: 35 months in total

Working as Manager in Airtel (DTH line of business) in supply chain department
• Youngest manager in the department, promoted twice in 3 years
• Managing sourcing & contracting for CPE (Customer Premise Equipment) & Network category spend of $40 Mn
• Devised strategy, execution roadmap & launched operations of Eco-Hero Campaign: E-Waste Recover & Recycle for 2Mn inactive customers to drive annual savings of ₹12Cr
• Mitigated 30% cost increase of CPE due to commodity led inflation by advanced supply planning during yearly consumption peak
• Led a cross functional project to revamp CPE refurbishment cycle by 50% failure reduction in deployment & 35% cost reduction
• Spearheaded a team of 4 to centralize the software expansion & system migration process to save $200k
• Negotiated 56% cost reduction with global OEMs on server system expansion by TCO analysis
• Improved the repair yield to 100X to mitigate inventory shortage during COVID by resource capacity planning of contractual partners
• Supported incremental 4X demand during global chipset shortage by diversification of sources
• Delivered 21.3% savings by zero based costing & outlier analysis of network chain deployment for launch of new channels
• Designed cost reconciliation model for commodity-based products during global crisis for governance of yearly spend of $27 Mn
• Formulated CPE product deployment strategy based on spend analytics & risk-benefit analysis to save ₹10 Cr annually
• Re-designed & implemented supply network of multi-site installation with 46% cost reduction & 30% faster revenue generation
• Streamlined payout process for 20+ active online services by bottleneck analysis & cross functional delegation
• Formalized cross-functional process for dispute resolution of contractual repair partners for closure of disputes worth ₹4 Cr

Professional Initiatives & Achievements:

• Youngest Recipient of DTH CEO’s “Best Performance towards War on Waste” (Top 2%)
• Won DTH CEO’s “Quarterly Highlight Award” for successful launch of Eco-Hero Campaign: recovery & recycle of unused equipment from customers
• Hired, managed & trained an executive to reduce vendor grievances by 80% by streamlining vendor payout process for 30+ strategic partners
• De-risked China supplies of Samsung CAM during COVID by conceptualizing & implementing device re-use cycle

Education:

• Instrumentation & Control Engineering, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi University ( CGPA: 7.9/10)
12th- 94%
10th- 10/10 CGPA

Scholastic Achievements:

• Research Paper titled “Measuring the influence of service quality on customer retention of LinkedIn” published & presented in 2018 MTMI Conference (Bangkok)
• Recipient of Principal’s Award for Overall Excellence in academic year 2013-14
• Awarded Regional Toppers’ Student Award (2013,2015)

Extra-curriculars:

• Elected in business advisory group of NSIT chapter of Enactus: Global not-for profit organization to mentor a team of 10+ members on social entrepreneurship projects
Vice President | Enactus
• Co-Founded two social entrepreneurship projects which last year received INR 80 lakhs funding from Delhi government
• Secured grants amounting to INR 1.4 lacs from Mahindra Special Grants and Blue Dart Empowering Competition
Co-Convener | Aspire 2018 - National Social Entrepreneurship Conclave
• Led a team of 60 members in event management and operations including logistics, public relations, and funding

It would be very helpful if you could share list of schools that I should be considering as dream / target.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

recent by Amit  ·  May 28 '22 at 8:08 pm
Arnav Sheth posted May 6 '22 at 11:08 am

Hi,

It'd be super helpful if you could help me analyse my prospects for an MBA app in the 2023/24 intake (leaning towards 2024).

GMAT: haven't given yet, but reasonably expecting 720+

Deomgraphics: Male | 23 | Indian

Work Experience: 35 months in total

20 months in the strategy team at Scaler, a fast-growing ed-tech startup ($710mn) as a Senior Associate

• First generalist hire in a team comprising only ex-MBB consultants
  • First hire to be promoted within the team, now leading a team of 3 anaysts
  • Improved overall sales by 40% through capacity-building and process-restructuring for 80+ B2C salespeople
  • Reduced target defaults by 35% through robust feedback loops, targeted training, and incentive modification
  • Built an internal product that enables our sales team to engage with leads over WhatsApp, leading to 3x the average conversion

15 months in the Singapore office of Zilingo, a fashion-tech startup ($970mn). Worked in their regional strategy office as a Business Associate.

• Managed projects across functions and markets as part of the regional team for the software as a service unit
  • Generated 40% CMGR in clients served; 50% increase in markets served; grew team size from 3 to 100+ in 8 months
  • Part of the 8-person core team that executed Zilingo’s first acquisition, completed in December ’19 at $15.5m
  • Forecasted balance sheet impact; consolidated competitor analyses; assessed alternatives for the acquisition

Alongside Scaler and Zilingo, built a side project named koi that had an ARR of $25k. Exited to a multi-million dollar valued meal-kit startup in a cash + equity deal in early 2022.

Education

B.A, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai (3.65/4)
12th- 82.4%
10th- 94.6%

Scholastic Achievements

• Freddie Mehta Scholarship (~80% of annual tuition) for the highest score in Economics (Rank 1/180)
  • Cleared 3 papers (CT1, CT5 and CT7) of actuarial science from the IFoA (London)
  • Discussed art as a gentrifying force and rent’s link to cultural capital at the Sociology Seminar (awarded ‘A’ Grade)
  • Analysed the evolution of Competition Law and its quantification, published in the Arthnithi (ISSN: 2277 1344)
  • Modelled auction formats and their application to the public sector, presented at the Annual Economics Seminar

Extra-curriculars

• Vice-chairperson, Econundrum: Led a workforce of 200 students across 12 departments, for the annual festival of the Economics Department
  • Sub-head, Malhar: Led speaker curation and management; hosted esteemed personalities such as Piyush Goyal and Shabana Azmi
  • Organized 100+ midnight cycling rides in Mumbai, hosting 4000+ customers over a 4-year period
  • Managed headlining artists such as Diplo (of Major Lazer) and Marshmello on their India tour of 2018

It would be fantastic if you could share list of schools that I should be considering as dream / target. Since there aren't too many pure startup folks I know who have applied in the past, I'm not sure what my frame of reference is.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

recent by Amit  ·  May 7 '22 at 8:37 pm

Could you evaluate my profile for the Fall 2023 intake ?

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 730 (V41,Q49)

Undergraduate details: I have completed Btech. in Computer Science and Engineering in 2019 from a top 20 institute in India
GPA of 9.27/10 I was ranked 3rd in a class of 100

Extra curriculars at college:
1) Led the dramatics club at my college , performed award winning street-plays during this time
2) Organized a nation-wide event as a part of my college fest
3) I was involved in sports in college
4) I was also a part of the social justice club at college which basically focused on reducing inequalities among our community

Work Experience: 27 months at Fidelity Investments . I had one promotion till now. I work with United States counterparts. I was the only one responsible for an entire segment of my project from India. I am also involved in many cost cutting projects at this company.

Extracurriculars apart from work:
1) Apart from Work , I have started a small business from scratch for one of the poor family in India.
2) I also volunteered at an organization where we coached underprivileged youth for job interviews
3) I was also selected as one of the top 100 Youth Delegates at a global youth organization. As a Youth Delegate , I also helped organize and was a speaker at the 3 day Youth SDG summit during the United Nations Global goals week.
4) I am currently a Youth Delegate mentor at this organization mentoring 2-3 delegates of the current cohort of delegates.
5) I am also in the process of starting my own non-profit youth organization .We currently have 5 members on board.

My post MBA goals:
Short term goal : To gain enough knowledge and work as a product / project manager at A Tech Company
Long term goal : Start my own sustainable business focusing on social impact / Consulting startups focusing on social impact

I am looking at schools which accept a slightly lower work experience.
Schools which I was looking at :
1) Michigan Ross
2) UCLA
3) UC Berkeley
4) HEC Paris
5) Chicago Booth
6) Columbia Business School (I think this is too much of a stretch)
7) NUS
smile Northwestern kellog (I think this is too much of a stretch too)

Can you please evaluate my profile ?
Also I am not sure If I stand a chance at the schools I mentioned. I am not able to gauge my candidacy with respect to these schools. It would be very helpful if you could mention good schools in which I might

recent by Amit  ·  May 5 '22 at 9:43 pm
Actions
Hide topic messages
Enable infinite scrolling
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft